Random Posts

Does Black Hair Dye Ruin Your Hair

Does Black Hair Dye Ruin Your Hair

  • We will be upgrading the forum, gallery and blogs with the latest versions of the software nosotros apply. This will cause some disruption. We will however endeavor our best to minimize information technology. The maintenance will first the kickoff week of May 2022 and will continue until all upgrades are completed (both software and hardware). Thank you for your understanding.
You lot are using an out of appointment browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
Y'all should upgrade or use an alternative browser.

Can jet black dye damage your hair?

i wanted to dye pilus jet black. can it impairment my hair like lightening my pilus tin?
A young lady on this site claimed that later on she dyed her hair jet black, her hair either broke off or vicious out, I forget.
Her hair has grown back beautifully since her BC, she'due south now APL+ if non BSL already.
It could be the dye or her technique in applying the product or post application. Either way it was a back feel for her.
If I remember who I'll PM you lot with her name.
They're not unremarkably as bad as dyes that brand your hair lighter, but whatever chemical has the potential to cause harm.
yea, but rinses I would say take NO touch on on pilus. Only if you lot want something that lasts a niggling longer a semi-permanent black dye would exist the next safest thing. I've used Natural Instincts in Midnight Black with no issues any.
If the dye has ammonia information technology can definitely dry out and damage your hair causing breakage.
I employ Textures Due north Tones Jet Black Hair color, and before that I used other Jet Black Brands, but I never had damaged hair or shedding from using it. I think everything we use has to take some circumspection. Only like I used Henna to colour my pilus Blackness and my hair was Dry and Breaking badly.

And so I am guessing it depends on you and your pilus.

If the dye has ammonia it can definitely dry out out and damage your hair causing breakage.

I have tried black to nighttime brown and as long every bit those chemicals are in it my hair volition break.

I accept tried them relaxed and natural and even deep conditioned and took really practiced care of information technology as well as went without heat and Notwithstanding breakage.

Some people just cannot put chemicals on their hair. I am i of them. I don't know how your hair handles chemicals like this.

IMO whatsoever permanent dye does harm. Darker dyes do less harm than lightening, but its still damage still.

Your safest bet is to go with a jet black rinse, which can practice done as often as u want with no damage at all.

Or perchance try henna/indigo?

I don't believe in double processing, only if you are natural and desire to be a perm. colour in it would be better than being a relaxer and color in your hair. Maybe hair that is more than resistant can get away with double processing, just I have fine hair which would make me bald.

Even rinses and cellophane have messed me upwardly, the only semi-perm that I tried that hasn't was the Manic Panic in black.

I'chiliad in agreement with the above posters. I've used hordes of black rinses and black permanent dyes (I'm being melodramatic, more like "several"). My hair takes chemicals well but, I know semi-permanents are best. Beware, Clairols Natural Instincts oft acts as permanent colour!
My hair use to have well to Double Processing when I was younger, but once I hit 30, I had to either give upward the Relaxer or use a Semi or Demi Permanent Color! But I have Constitute Textures due north Tones does very well!
What'southward a rinse? I know what a cellophane and a semi/demi/permanent dye is...

What make makes a rinse?

TIA

i've washed perm, semi'south, and rinses in the darkest blacks of what ever brand.

rinses tin can leave your hair feeling difficult sometimes just other than that it doesnt mess with your hair. but you have to do information technology often, especially if yous're a co-washer cause they RINSE right out.

semi's or box colors i remember are slap-up for going darker. they never exit my hair feeling difficult or dry and they dont wash out in a month having to be re-done, re-washed, and re-washed. besides most box colors now have ammonia costless colors (which is what i use) and my hair loves it when ever i need it.

perm colors have the best color. yous can get the deepest darkest blueish or purpleish black yous deceit detect in box colors and 100x more intense than rinses. simply with perm, at least the ones i use, they practise use a low programmer (10) that can dry your hair out a bit. as well, they're not as permanent as they would like y'all to call up. i still end up having to re-dye to cover up my previous bleached task.

now i've besides gone lighter. since my pilus is natural ink black information technology doesnt take color unless i bleach it 1st. now i've washed that several times while relaxed and while natural with out bug. though it does dry out the pilus in the long run which then later causes split ends (especially if y'all dont have care of it like i used to). i all the same have about 4-v inches of bleached hair that hasnt grown out still. that hair is totally healthy though with no splits and fully moisturized. but i like darker hair in the winter then i cover information technology.

bottom line. if you color your hair, it will feel amend after going darker vs going lighter. just it is still a chemical so in that location volition commonly be some kind of a difference vs having your natural color.

What's a rinse? I know what a cellophane and a semi/demi/permanent dye is...

What make makes a rinse?

TIA


y'all can go a rinse at sally's. one brand is jazzing, comes in a pink canteen. its what i use. i've used it in every color besides, from pink, purple, black, bluish black, red, and now i employ information technology in articulate to make my hair shinier
What's a rinse? I know what a cellophane and a semi/demi/permanent dye is...

What make makes a rinse?

TIA


A rinse is a temporary pilus color. Information technology normally fade away within the adjacent wash or two... sometimes more. Clairol and Rioux both make rinses. But please note that some rinses act like a semi permanente colour. Particularly depending on how one process it.

For example (I'm speaking of a rinse color), when hair is poo/con the shaft is open up which allows for the color to be deposited. Some people will sit down under a warm/hot dryer for more of the pigment to be penetrated deeper making the colour acting as if it is semi/permanente.

Commonly with color yous have to be careful. It is ok to double process if yous know how to do it correctly and "when" to exercise it. I recall that for some people, when they double process, they try to practice the ii together or too soon, which will crusade for added bug. Some people continue to repeat the double procedure every few weeks or so and apply information technology incorrectly in which you would then accept a double processed chemic- be it perm/relaxer and a double procedure color. At some point your hair is bound to fall out/shed/break.

I'k not even going to speak on the people who color their hair night and accept a "green" highlight or tint to it. :nono:

I'g non even going to mention bleaching the pilus.... that'southward another whole topic. I can't fifty-fifty count how many folks I've seen bald because of bleaching.

I'm not going to preach on color, merely but wanted to share some information. For those wanting a piddling bit more info, you tin can ever PM me.

Ok, thx ladies. I've used a rinse before (I remember using Jazzing years ago - my hair seemed stiff later on.) Now, I utilize Clairol Radiance Colorgloss Semi-Permanent dy - I love that it makes my pilus fill similar information technology has substance and loads of body similar to the effects of a difficult-core protein treatment.

So, rinses are unremarkably pre-mixed (???) whereas other dyes are not? Is that the deviation as well?

i wanted to dye hair jet black. tin it damage my hair like lightening my pilus can?

I think lightening (lifting colour) can be more harmful that darkening (depositing color) tin be more harmful. And Permanent Color on relaxed tresses is a large fat NO-NO (trust me 'cuz I know all virtually it). Information technology is uber important to still take care of hair that has been chemically treated.

All I can tell you lot is to be certain that you lot want Jet Black pilus because if you desire another color down the road you lot'll take to get the colour 'lifted'. it can be safely done past a professional beautician - I had mine washed 10+ years ago when I wanted to become from Blueish Blackness to Coco Brown westward/Dearest Howdy-Lites.

Thanks ladies. I just hate rinses because they tend to have that greenish tint when ur hair is in the sunlight
I apply revlon colorsilk in blue black about twice a year and since it has no ammonia i dont go any damage.I deep condition before hand and after hand continously and i have non nonetheless had a setback, Its long lasting even withmy wetbunning or cowashes
I use revlon colorsilk in bluish black nearly twice a year and since information technology has no ammonia i dont get any damage.I deep condition before mitt and after mitt continously and i take not yet had a setback, Its long lasting even withmy wetbunning or cowashes

I was about to post the same affair. I started using revlon colorsilk permanent almost a year and I had no damage. I do one every 6mths and apply rinses in between if needed. Matter of fact I did my hair yesterday and I had no breakage. I retrieve depositing colour is less harsh than lightening.
Another suggestion is Bigen but you might want to exercise some forum searches because the results can exist pretty good or pretty bad.
Whenever I utilize Silken Black by Textures & Tones my hair grows like crazy. I thought it was only a fluke so I went a while without information technology, and sure enough my hair grew slower. When I dyed my pilus with it over again I had astonishing growth.
i used bluish blackness jazz in the pink bottle... i left it on for like 3 hours. and i similar information technology, it e'er come out shiny & radiant. jus similar dye. no hair breakage.. but yous may wanna follow up with a moisturizing condish.
I utilise revlon colorsilk in blueish blackness about twice a yr and since it has no ammonia i dont get any damage.I deep condition before hand and after paw continously and i have not yet had a setback, Its long lasting even withmy wetbunning or cowashes

I used this brand and color about a month agone and I take nonetheless to experience a set up back.

Granted, my ends were a little bit dryer than usual just I never really deep condition (though I probably should).

The color kind of faded on me but I wash my hair mayhap 2-v days a week and I try not to employ shampoo but I try to at to the lowest degree apply a really balmy one because of product build upwards.

Similar threads

Does Black Hair Dye Ruin Your Hair

Posted by: goldbergclould.blogspot.com

Related Posts

There is no other posts in this category.
Subscribe Our Newsletter